In the early part of July, I mentioned an apartment fire that took the life of one of my little ones and severely burned her 3 older siblings. One was discharged within a few days, the other two were sent to a burn unit here in the state. One was discharged about 2 weeks after the incident and will be home schooled, while the last one was put in a medical coma while they grew skin to graft. She was expected to stay in the coma until mid-September.

This angel (and yes, she was) lost her battle yesterday. I’m devastated for our school family, as well as her family. They lost 2 of their 4 children over this fire and there was NO SMOKE DETECTOR in the apartment. The landlord will be fined 25.00 for an ‘oversight’ that took the lives of 2 wonderful children.

Advertisements