okay. So, as a few of you know, Herba is doing this “On this day in my life’ thingy and several other people are doing it and I have like… not an original thought in my head so… I figured… Why the heck not?
Now, here’s the deal: I don’t blog every day, so like Guylty, I’m aiming for the “Somewhere near this date” on the target. So there ya go. Now for the most part, this blog consists of:
- A) My reading habits. Yep. Y’all have to put up with what I managed to read this month. I know I know, y’all could care less… but it helps me keep up.
- B) ManCandy Monday. Beefcake Sunday. Guy Day. Here! Have some Richard. I have yet to hear anyone complain. I am pleased to massage your hormones without having to touch anything physically. Which would be nasty.
- C) Whining. I whine, I whined, can we dine now?
- D) Adventuring. As in, The Job Hunt. I can’t begin to tell you how in all honesty, this was really a depressing time and I was just trying to keep a smile on my face or I was liable to take a long walk off a short pier. And when Adventuring was over, I swapped from Adventuring to
- E) Putting my house together. I know something as mundane as a clean house, Decorating R Us, etc, doesn’t really warrant entire blog posts, but if you’ll go back to the comment about how depressing adventuring was and consider I’ve not SEEN my things in years and years and years… I’m happy. So pic spam, eh? Glad you understand.
- F) Avoiding much political banter. On occasion, there will be a politically motivated post… and yes grieving for the stupidity of terrorism. Okay, I want to say once or twice, I poked politically. Or mentioned in passing. I’m aware that the majority of my friends lean, swing the opposite direction I do and that’s okay. I’ve discovered that with certain subjects – politics, being one – that once a person’s mind is made up, they aren’t going to change it. So, let’s do something nice. Here! Have some Richard! (Who someone needs to explain to him about ‘racial slurs in the US’.
- G) The occasional challenge. ‘Cuz I’m weird that way.
But that’s what you get from me. So, with the exception of the first item, I’m not surprised in the least.
Close to this day in 2016, I made 2 posts. It was Friday, so we had GuyDay, with our favorite dark, broody knight. Which is good. However, the 2nd post gave me pause when I went back to it and I looked at it from a different perspective. As many of you will recall, it was around the end of March that Former-Future-Former Suitor returned wrecked havoc in my personal space. I fell and fell hard and for a while, it looked like my future was neatly mapped out and I was very happy. It will always be to me, the Summer of Love. But Spawn needed convincing. He was afraid we were moving too fast and he knew that I’m pugnacious and tenacious and I would hold on and work at it even after all hope was gone. He wanted to have a chat with Bill – he worried that if Bill changed his mind as quickly as he decided I was the one and hooked me in, then he (Spawn) would be the one to pick of the pieces, because Bill is over five hours away and Spawn feared that Bill would walk away without a backwards glance and leave me in the dust. Bill blew him off – yeah, he’s the man of the house and he’s worried about losing his spot and we’ll have that discussion later. It’s okay. The discussion never took place and he did exactly what Spawn was afraid would happen. I now refer to March 2016 – September 2016 as The season of Hurricane Bill. I will never forgive you for breaking my heart twice.
Around this time in April 2015, I made a whining post. Okay, that’s an understatement, I was loudly bitching about Digital’s handling of the fact the US wasn’t going to get to see The Crucible in the theater. (nonexistent) Of course, NOW we’re going to get it, but it’s too late for this chickie poo and it’s not showing anywhere near me, anyway, so F. U.
Around this time in 2014, which was the year I started this blog, I reblogged Guylty’s Emergency Oof with the still from Urban and the Shed Crew – which I’m thinking I”ll never get the chance to see – as well as this little item. I had decided to teach myself how to knit. These days, I can knit and purl quite well, but I’m getting bored with my current project, which is a gorgeous shawl with sleeves.
I reached the point where I need to make my first arm hole and I’m thinking maybe now would be a good time to set it down and learn to make socks or make a shawl or scarf that I can whip up quickly and then return to the project that never ends. but looking at this particular entry, I certainly have made progress.
Either way, my initial foray into yarn wasn’t so…. nice. I’ve come a long way, baby!
And there ya go.
Fuck. Where’s the publish button? I hate it when Word Press comes in and messes up my world…